Welcome to 7th grade language arts and AVID!
ABOUT MS. JENSEN
I am happy to spend my 15th year of teaching at Burley Middle School. In Pennsylvania, I received my Bachelor's degree in K-6 education and Master's degree as a reading specialist. I also earned endorsements in middle school English, middle school social studies, and gifted education. I moved to Virginia to pursue a doctorate at UVA. I am still taking classes toward that degree but missed the classroom - so here I am! I have permanently relocated to the Charlottesville area. When I am not hard at work at Burley, I enjoy my time at home with my husband, son, and very large, yellow lab.
MATERIALS NEEDED for Language Arts
- 1 composition book (that marble kind)
- 1 spiral one subject notebook
- 2 pocket folders (one with prongs to hold paper, one just with pockets)
- 1 pack of lined paper
- 1 pack pencils
- colored pencils
- glue stick
- a box of tissues for classroom donation
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR AVID
- one large three-ring binder (2 inches or larger!)
- one pack of tabbed dividers
- one pencil bag that snaps into your binder